Do You Know The 2017 IRS Tax Refund Schedule?
Not everybody dreads filing their taxes. For many, it can result in much needed financial relief. Thousands of people across Fort Lauderdale are expected to receive a tax refund. For many people, it is never too early to get started. One of the most common questions is “When can I expect to receive my money?” In the past, the IRS has published a tax refund schedule. But the rules have changed in 2017. Although there is no set schedule this year, there is enough information to estimate when you can expect to receive a reward from Uncle Sam.
Where’s My Refund App
The truth is most people in Fort Lauderdale do not keep up with the latest changes in tax law. But regardless of your level of expertise, it is important to understand the IRS wants to receive your tax return as soon as possible. If you filed electronically, the government’s goal is to issue tax refunds within 21 days. To make things even easier, the IRS has developed a new app called “Where’s My Refund?” that can give each person an exact date on when they can receive their refund. However, things get a little more complicated for those who file by mail. Not only will a person receive their refund later, the IRS also encourages you not to even look it up. At the very minimum, a person who files by mail will have to wait at least one month after the government receives your return.
Other Factors That Can Delay Your Tax Refund
Just about everybody has expenses that need to be addressed right away. Whether it is a car payment, mortgage payment or rent, a tax refund can make everyone’s life easier. Even if you are completely financially secure, your refund is the perfect way to reward yourself with a vacation or even a new car. Here are some factors that can potentially delay your refund.
- The IRS will not begin issuing refunds until February 15 for those who are claiming an earned income tax credit or additional child tax credit.
- Make sure your tax form is completed thoroughly. Incomplete tax returns are one of the biggest reasons for refund delays.
- Make sure your tax return is accurate. Any errors on your return not only can delay your refund, it can also result in a tax audit. In some cases, it can raise red flags to the IRS about possible fraud and identity theft.
- Those who owe back taxes, have pending tax liens or bank levies can also expect delays.
How Can I Get a Realistic Tax Refund Schedule?
Although the IRS does not have an official tax refund schedule in 2017. There are some ways to estimate when you can realistically expect to receive your refund.
- Those who e-filed their tax returns with direct deposit can expect a refund within two weeks.
- Those who e-filed their tax returns with mail refunds can expect their refunds within three weeks.
- Those who paper-filed their returns with direct deposit can expect their refunds within the month.
- Those who paper-filed their returns with mail refunds can expect their refunds within five weeks.
Do You Have Questions About a Refund? A Fort Lauderdale Tax Lawyer Can Help
Florida tax law can sometimes get complicated. Whether you have tax problems or questions about your return, a Fort Lauderdale tax lawyer can help. Attorneys Ira L. Zuckerman bring more than 30 years of combined experience helping clients with some of the most complex tax issues facing South Floridians. To learn more, contact the law offices of Zuckerman Law, LLC and schedule a consultation to discuss your case.